10 reasons why spring is the best season…
Is spring the new summer? Full of hope, opportunity and new life, we think it just might be!
Everyone raves about long, hot summers, but we think spring has a lot to offer. After a long, cold winter – particularly one experienced under lockdown – there’s nothing better for the soul than a bright new season. So why do we love spring so much?
- The sun is shining. That yellow thing in the sky may have been hiding for the last few months, but it’s back with a bang. Even more importantly, the days are getting longer, so most people are no longer going to work and returning home in the dark.
- The temperature is just right. Wedged neatly between the frost of winter and the sauna of summer, spring is fresh, warm and bright. You might even be able to ditch the hats, gloves and scarves someday soon, without such a great risk of getting sunburned as at the height of summer.
- There are lambs in the fields. Have you ever seen anything more joyful than a lamb frolicking around a field in spring, just because it can?
- There is new life all around us. Lambs aren’t the only sign that spring has sprung. Baby bunnies, chicks, ducklings and pigs are pretty cute, too.
- Gardens are coming back to life. Daffodils, crocuses and tulips are springing up all over the place, brightening up parks and gardens wherever we turn. Trees are also beginning to blossom; a sure sign that winter is finally over.
- We can exercise outdoors. After being cooped up for so long, it’s lovely to be able to soak up the fresh air and enjoy beautiful sunrises/sunsets as you walk, run or cycle outdoors.
- It’s the perfect time for spring cleaning. What better excuse has there ever been to clear out all your clutter and give your home a good old scrub? You might even want to give the place a lick of paint to freshen things up.
- You can dust off the barbecue! Why wait until summer to enjoy a nice barbecue? A sweet early spring evening is the perfect setting, though you might need to wrap up warm/eat indoors if the temperature dips.
- It’s a great time to make changes in your life. If you’re fed up with the way your life is going, spring is packed full of hope and opportunity. Start thinking about positive changes you could make in the coming months, then start taking baby steps toward your goal.
- Easter is almost upon us! Christmas is lovely, but Easter is the most pivotal point in the Christian calendar. Spring gives us the perfect opportunity to reflect on Jesus’ life, death and resurrection, with the promise of new and eternal life for all who believe. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Romans 6:4 says: “We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.”