We’re finally on the cusp of summer, so why no pack up a picnic and enjoy a handful of these splendid activities? With plenty of fairs, films, fetes and festivals on offer, you’ll be spoilt for choice!
- Scuttlebrook Wake (1 June) – soak up the vibrant atmosphere in Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, with Morris dancing, decorated floats, fancy dress parades and fairground rides galore.
- Hertford Castle Fun Day (2 June) – the market stalls, live entertainment and family-friendly activities really bring the castle to life at this historical event, making it a day for the whole family to remember.
- York Festival of Ideas (4-16 June) – enjoy the best talks, performances and exhibitions York has to offer on a broad range of subjects while soaking up the sounds and sights of this magnificent walled city.
- RHS Chatsworth Flower Show (5-9 June) – inhale the incredible scents of these fabulous Derbyshire show gardens with their colourful floral displays, top nurseries and have-a-go workshops.
- Field Day (June 7-9) – taking place in Upper Edmonton, Field Day has quickly become one of London’s most popular music festivals. Pusha T, Earl Sweatshirt and Diplo will appear at this year’s event.
- Festival of Nature (8-9 June) – take part in multiple events across Bristol and Bath in celebration of the natural world. If you care about the planet and its inhabitants, this is the festival for you.
- Durham Regatta (8-9 June) – alongside the exciting boat racing events, you can listen to live music and enjoying the best local delicacies from the many riverside stalls.
- Open Garden Squares Weekend (8-9 June) – more than 200 gardens in London will be unlocked over the course of this weekend, ranging from traditional communal squares to historical gardens and rooftop terraces.
- The Royal Cheshire County Show (18-19 June) – great for its animal shows, vintage machinery and farmers’ market, the county show always makes for a fantastic day out.
- Jazz Fest (19-23 June) – some of the world’s top jazz artists will be descending on the glorious city of Glasgow this June. Don’t forget to pack your dancing shoes!
- Edinburgh International Film Festival (19-30 June) – if you’re a movie buff you’ll feel right at home during this creative city’s annual film fest, with events and parties running day and night.
- Greenwich+Docklands International Festival (21 June to 6 July) – get yourselves along to one of the nation’s favourite performing arts and outdoor theatre events. You won’t be disappointed!
- Gregynog Festival Newtown (22-30 June) – this intimate festival, which began as a private house party in 1933, welcomes visitors from around the world to its historic venues.
- Medieval Clash of Steel (23-24 June) – embrace the knightly culture of the 15th century with its customary sword fights, archery tournaments and jousts at Lincoln Castle.
- Mourne International Walking Festival 2019 (28-30 June) – do you love long walks with spectacular views? If so, Mourne Mountains offer some of the best in Northern Ireland, ranging from gentle rambles to challenging mountain climbs.
Wherever you’re based, start your summer in style with these and many other wonderful events taking place in June!